To all the school kids going on ‘strike’ for Climate Change:
You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.
You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.
You spend all day and night on electronic devices.
More than ever, you don’t walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke local roads and worsen rush hour traffic.
You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy,
Your entertainment comes from electric devices.
Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.
The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.
How about this…
Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.
Walk or ride to school. Switch off your devices and read a book.
Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.
No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little ‘princesses’, inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a ‘noble cause’ while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.
Wake up, grow up and learn to research facts and think for yourself and not blindly accept the words and thoughts of others – I don’t think you formulated this action plan all by your self – suspect you may have had some influence and ‘guidance’ from those you trust ….a word of warning, be cautious of the influence of the ‘left’ because there may be a time in the future that you will be the ones left out…
I saw this on Facebook today and this is what I thought of it:
1) Last time I checked it was older adults making policies about school conditions, designing schools, building schools, and technology integration in the classroom. Also, I’m pretty sure baby boomers had busses too…and that bus companies were run by older folks trying to run a Buissnes…and seeing child safety as a means of exploitation to run their companies. If teens are doing these sorts of thing no wonder our school system is a mess! Who’s idea was that?
2) How can you get a generation be both the reason for the death of most corporations because they aren’t buying…and have them be the biggest consumers ruining the environment? Someone explain that to me please? Oh! Because teens are the excuse that manufacturers use to not strive for better and cleaner ways to manufacture! I get it now!
3) There are the same amount of people on the earth weather immigration happens or not, and in the USA younger generations are more frequently opting out of having children because living expenses are too much. So the domestically born population is going down in the USA…and again…why is that an excuse for energy companies, manufacturers, and other organizations to not do more to make the environment cleaner?
4) Literally, kids leaving schools is forcing schools to turn off the AC and turn out the lights. It’s basically asking them to. If the lights are still going and the AC is still on…it’s because the adults stayed at school all day when there was no reason for them to. Also…see point 1.
5) If they are selfish…what older generation adult taught them that? Who didn’t strive to ensure the future generations not only had a better life, but were kind and empathetic? Who taught them to look out for number one? Who build a world with all these luxuries and marketed them to younger generations to get used to?
6) Older generations developed, implemented, marketed, and purchased new developing technologies in which younger generations now enjoy. They introduced it to them. If people complain about us using it now I must ask, who’s fault is that? My parents bought me my first phone when I was in high school if I recall…I assume it’s much the same now.
7) They’re not blindly accepting the thoughts of others…especially not this persons. That’s why they’re out there marching.